Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Lent...Sacrifices...Improvements

So tis the time in the life of a Catholic: the forty days when you're supposed to give something up that really matters to you. I tried to do something different this year, try to come up with something creative and amazing, but one week into lent I decided it was time to stop procrastinating and just get to work. There was talk at work about a few ideas, but I just couldn't bring myself to commit to them. So I went for an oldie but goodie: coffee.

Before you say how lame it is: I live for coffee. I suffer from caffeine headaches if I don't have my morning cup of coffee. I haven't given up coffee since I was in undergrad. So I thought I'd give it another try. And let me tell you: it's tough. Especially when I have to be on my way to court at 7:20 a.m. But I guess that's the idea.

The other thing I really want to focus on during lent is putting time into friendships that I have neglected over the last few years. I am constantly grateful for the amazing friends that I have, but always regret that they live far away. Since starting law school, I have failed miserably at keeping in touch and making the time to know what is going on with their lives. Life is still hectic, but it always will be, and I have to learn how to make time for the people that matter in my life.

So: I need more hours in a day, and I need to accomplish more on less caffeine. Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment