Monday, March 29, 2010

YOU DID IT!

Thank you so much to everyone for their donations: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! You all actually raised about $1,400, way over what I anticipate needing for my trip :) All leftovers will be donated towards re-building one of the schools in the area that I will be working. I will post any updates on that as soon as I get it.

Also, I got my new passport, and I got my old one back with all my stamps in it (phew).

I have another set of vaccines on the 8th of this month, and I have to beg the doctor to see me before I leave so I can get a prescription for Malaria pills. I really, really hope I can get my hands on those. I don't want malaria.

So what's next, you ask? Well, Abby and I have to coordinate with the project to make sure we have a shuttle waiting for us, and most importantly: I have to start working on my packing list and making sure I get all the things I need to take.

I've been keeping an eye on the project through pictures that various people have posted. If you're curious to know what I'll be doing or where I'll be staying, check these out.

Thanks again everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment