Saturday, June 26, 2010

Eras of Friendships


Here's what I love about bridal showers, bachelorette parties, baby showers, etc.: you get to meet the different groups of friends of the person being celebrated. For my wedding festivities, there were the high school friends (Bhavini, thank you for representing!), the undergrad grup, the law school group, the Starbucks group, the work group, etc. It may cause a little bit of an anxiety attack to think of all these groups meeting, and wondering how they will mingle, but it's also absolutely amazing to see all of your closest friends, from all walks of life, together in one place.

I've been able to experience this several times, most recently at a co-workers bridal shower, and it never fails to amaze me. Every group has their own personality: the high school friends may be a little crazier than the law school folks, some maybe more social than others, but you can get a glimpse of what your friend's life was like during that period of time. I'm looking forward to many of these occasions in the next two Summers ;)

Part of the lawschool group at the Bui's wedding:

High school and college reps at my bridal shower:
Some of my Starbucks ladies (bearing an intense sun...)


No comments:

Post a Comment