Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Daniel Skrocki: writer extraordinaire

Some of my favorite pieces from a dear friend of mine, and a hugely talented human being.

~~~~

I refuse to be
a casualty
of excuse
no matter
how
rational
no matter
how valid
no matter
how tangible

~~~~

I do not want to
be tolerated
I want to be
adored

I want to feel
special
and be special
to you

~~~~

I love her
and am ruined by her
a slave to her
every whim

a puppet
a ranting lunatic
[a precious decoy]
(I didn't get the ending, I'll post it later)

~~~~

Sin
is an opinion
it is not charity
it is obligation
and not a
duty
but a privilege

~~~~

It's impossible
to emphasize enough
my love
for you
and it is
this
impossibility
and the polish
of its
sheen
that leans
my torque
towards a
surrender
that
is
dangerous
and futile
within
the framework
of its
[very] own
seething

~~~~

All published with permission from Mr. Daniel K. Skrocki

No comments:

Post a Comment