Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My Husband is an Artist!


It's been almost five years since Jeff and I met, and ever since then I've been telling him he needs to market his art because it's great. It's not "mainstream" so his market is specific, but that doesn't mean he's not incredibly talented. Because he is :)

Our friend Dan told Jeff about an art show that took place in March, and it finally gave Jeff the push he needed to get the ball rolling and start selling his stuff. I felt like such a proud mom watching him sell his stuff and seeing how exciting it was for him. Another great outcome about this art show is the recent inspiration it's given him to start painting again. It's been a while since he painted something new, so I'm excited to see what new ideas get painted onto the canvasses we have laying around.

Hopefully this art show will only be the first of many more to come...stay tuned! Until then, here's a preview of what he's done so far:

I have my theory about this girl, who she is and why she is the way she is.
This is my absolute favorite. It's the only original I forbid him to sell.

This one I love not only because of the color scheme, but also the sheer size of the original.

This is another one of my favorites. It's so different from anything I've seen him paint before: just splashes of color and chaos. Love it.

You can check out the rest of his stuff on Etsy, and definitely check back for new stuff in the next few months :)



No comments:

Post a Comment