Saturday, February 13, 2010

Feeling Blessed and Loved

I'm officially 27 years old. Huh. Like most birthdays that pass, you don't really feel "older." What I do feel, however, is that every year my birthday gets better and better. I feel like the past two birthdays have been the best so far. I think one of the main reasons is because, as I've gotten older, I appreciate quality time with friends and family more so than going and drinking way too much :) The last two years, my birthday has been a week long celebration with different circles of friends, with parents, family, Jeff, co-workers, etc., and I can't thank everyone enough for all of their attention and thoughtfulness.

For my co-workers, thank you so much for making me feel welcome and loved. I've only been working there for a little over 2 months, but they still cared enough to pitch in and throw me a surprise lunch party, birthday cake and all! Most of you know that bankruptcy law isn't why I went to college or what I planned on doing, but it makes my life and my job so much more enjoyable knowing that I'm working with amazing people every day. I still haven't had a morning where I wake up and hate the idea of going to the office (although court days are a little different...), and it's not because of what I'm doing, but because of the people I work with.

To my TVN group (you know who you are!), thank you for celebrating with me and being an amazing part of my weekly life. I can't believe we've been doing TVN for almost three years already, and I can't imagine my week without seeing all of your amazing faces at least once a week :)

For my mom, thank you for loving me unconditionally for these past 27 years, even though I'm sure there have been times I didn't deserve it!

To all my friends and family: the number of texts, calls, facebook comments, emails, etc., before, on and after my birthday were humbling. Every time I got a text or a call or a comment, I couldn't help but smile and thank God for putting so many amazing people in my life. A special thanks to Ana and Buddy for driving down from LA last night just so we could grab a drink and catch up--you're amazing.

Last but not least, thank you Jeff for committing yourself to spend every birthday from here on out with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment