Monday, June 27, 2011

Accountability Updates

So, just realized that it's been over 20 days since my last accountability report (well, technically 21, so just barely over 20...but "over 20" sounds more dramatic). In that post I had made it my goal to get through a whole pilates session that week. It's been over 2o days...fine, 21....and I have to confess I haven't even looked at a pilates video. I did a short session of yoga this weekend, and that's been about it. Am I disappointed in myself? Yes. Am I surprised? No. I honestly don't know what I need to do to motivate myself to find the time to work out. I get home from work and I have a list of about twenty things on my "to-do" list, and working out is never a priority. I also miss rock climbing. I'm hoping Jeff and I can head out with Pat and Charlie in a couple weeks.

I've been failing on the eating healthy area too. I've been doing a little traveling during the day for work, which means I stop by a drive through and pick up some form of grossness or another. But not tonight. Cooking up a pretty nice meal tonight.


I really need to figure out how to do everything in a day that I want to do: work at work, work on my side projects which make me happy, work out, cook healthy dinner, relax. Taking suggestions.

Also, I mentioned before how I had ordered a couple cookbooks. I was super excited when I got them, and now I'm not sure what to do with them. They're both super cool, but a lot of the information is wasted on someone who doesn't have more than a tiny balcony and can't even grow basil in it. And, like most cook books, the recipes sound awesome, but intimidating, with ingredients I've never even heard of. So. Add that to what I want to do in my normal day: explore new recipes!

1 comment:

  1. I run up against this also and I HATE it! In a perfect world I'd cook/eat healthily, meditate and work out every day. I'd make enough money, I'd work on a 'long-term-goal' project and I'd also work on an immediate passion (say - making music). So, yeah, of the 6 I usually only get to do two a day. You are your habits, though. It's been easier to pull some of this stuff off when it's not an end in itself but I recognize it as a necessary step to get somewhere else (in other words: my main goal in life is to look statuesque. This means working out and eating well aren't just good things, they're the minimum I need to do). For about 2 months a year I can pull this motivated shit off. The rest of the time I'm lamenting how unfair the world is.

    ReplyDelete