Monday, November 9, 2009

Lost and Found

When I moved out, either before college or when I left for college, I left a couple storage boxes with my aunt, and it has taken me around 5-7 years to pick those up from her garage. Most of it was junk, a lot of it was Enrique Iglesias paraphernalia--from teddy bears, to books, to my embarrassing scrap book. But there were also some goodies:



Among these: my "yearbook" from Santa Teresita in Guatemala, from 1993, and my tea cup set that I never really played with, but still think it would be cool if I had it around in case I ever have a daughter.

But the biggest find was my first diary. I started it after my 8th birthday, so my handwriting and spelling are terrible. It's actually pretty entertaining to read through it with Jeff--including all my boy crushes, ha. Here's an excerpt so you get an idea about the deep and meaningful things I wrote about:
So in case you can't make out my terrible writing and spelling, this was on Monday, July 1 of 1991. And I write: "Dear diary, yesterday my mom showed me how to drive a reall car. Today I had four little taqios (I'm sure I meant taquitos) in the kids combo. I was suprised (spelled phonetically, I'm sure) I at all that! in 25 more days I will be with my mom. I'm counting the days. The end Alex 9"

I'm still surprised at how much I eat sometimes. At least some things never change.

No comments:

Post a Comment