Friday, January 7, 2011

The Mandatory New Year's Post

And so another year has flown by. I spent most of 2010 thinking it was barely getting started...before I realized it, 2011 was knocking on my door. 2010...what can I say? You've challenged me quite a bit. I'm not going to lie and say it was all roses...I think it was by far one of the most trying years I've had to date, but it also had some amazing accomplishments.

I had my first job in the legal world, which presented a whole set of challenges in and of itself, but it was a learning experience if ever there was one. But it gave me the opportunity to meet some amazing people, who hopefully will be a part of my life for years to come.

Julian graduated from UCI!


We introduced two new members to the Armstrong family, which we couldn't be happier about. They definitely make things way cuter! It's still a little weird how you can watch a baby just be a baby for hours...and not get bored. Creepy, right?


Abby and I went to Haiti...and I think all you readers know the lasting impact that has had on me. And on you, since you all have to put up with constant blogs, twitters, and countless Facebook links and updates.

Julian and Erika finally got hitched, and what a way to get things done! Two weeks of booze, friendship, love, booze, Vegas, nuptials...did I mention booze? :) And let's not forget the Stewarts, another wedding worth celebrating!



Jeff and I celebrated our first year of marriage...and four years of being together. What can I say, I'm a lucky girl. < 3

Camping trip to Yosemite!


We celebrated my aunt's 50th year of life in style!


I realized my little cousins aren't so little anymore. I also realized they're all becoming amazing and caring individuals, and that gives me all sorts of warm and fuzzies.


The economy.....well...let's not get started there...let's just say that losing my job is giving me the opportunity to figure out what I want to do with my life.

Worked on my first housebuild with Corazon...hopefully many more to come this year.



As for 2011....hopefully I figure out what I want to do with my career, I'm looking forward to a second trip to Haiti with Abby and my cousin, Adriana (which I'm REALLY excited about), and if all goes well...maybe starting to expand our own little Armstrong family. Fingers crossed.

Happy New Year to all of you, and may 2011 bring happiness and blessings galore! A huge thank you to everyone who follows this blog about everything and nothing. A special thank you to those who have stood by me and supported me in all my efforts: I'm sure my constant need for favors and participation get old after a while, but I hope you all see the good in everything I try to make you participate in :)

No comments:

Post a Comment