Sunday, January 17, 2010

Not as Invisible as I thought!

I had to go to court for the first time last week. Well, technically the second time, but my first trip to see the Bankruptcy Trustee was so minor that I don't really count it. Anyhow, I was standing in line, holding my client's ID, SSN, and payment, trying to figure out exactly what I was doing, when someone next to me asks: "Did you go to Chapman?" I was a little taken aback, since I was out in Riverside, not Orange County. So we did our introductions, exchanged nervousness since it was his first time at a bankruptcy hearing too, and wished each other well.

It wasn't until later that I realized why I found that interaction so strange: I never think anyone really notices me. I don't think I have any self-esteem issues or anything, I actually think I'm pretty well adjusted and confident for a single-parent, single-child background. I just feel like I'm always under the radar...why would anyone recognize me? I know I would recognize most people that graduate from my school in my year, since it's a relatively small class, but why would anyone recognize me?! :) I guess I'm not as invisible as I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment