Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcome 2010

It's that time of year when everyone looks back at the year that has passed, and makes resolutions for the year that has come. I've never been one for New Year's resolutions, mostly because I know myself and I know I'll never follow through with them. I don't have the discipline or determination to follow through with things like going to the gym, or eating better. It's just not in me! But alas, this year, like every other, I will still try to lie to myself and say that I will try to go to the gym on a regular basis...we'll see.

As far as saying goodbye to 2009, I have mixed feelings about the fateful year that has ended. There were so many epic moments of my life that happened last year, like graduating law school, getting MARRIED, passing the bar, and starting my first "real" job. But 2009 was also one of my most challenging and difficult years. It's been one of my most stressful years, since I was freaking out about finding a job basically all year long (let me tell you, that's a long time to stress about the same subject), not to mention studying for the bar. I hated the uncertainty of 2009, not knowing what was going to happen with bar results, or where I would end up working. And there are also the financial difficulties that Jeff and I had the last few months of the year; they were like nothing I have ever had to experience before.

All in all, I have a lot to be thankful for in 2009, but I'm definitely looking forward to more stability in the coming year. I'm also hoping to have a better grasp on where I'm going with my career by the end of this year. I think that's one resolution I WILL be able to keep.

Happy New Year's everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment