Saturday, January 30, 2010

Things I Dislike, Yet Love

Okay, Expat Mom took this idea from another blogger, so I thought I'd try to spread it around some more too.

1) My first is a complete replica of Expat Mom's. I hate it when Jeff is doing a guys night, but at the same time, I really enjoy being home alone sometimes.

2) Going out out. I know this is just a sign of me getting old...but I've always hated having to get ready to go out. I'm not much for makeup or shopping (shocking, I know), so having to pick through the clothes I have and try to look half decent is not my idea of fun. But once I'm out, I love being with Jeff and friends and enjoying social time outside of someone's house :)

3) Being busy all the time. I can already tell you what Jeff's thoughts are on this: you do it to yourself! Yes, I do...because I love being busy. I get frustrated sometimes because I overbook myself and don't really have freetime or time to myself, but I would hate it more to NOT be busy.

4) Having a full time job. I really enjoyed my unemployed time--aside from the stress of not having a job or money-because I got to spend so much time at home and with Jeff. Now that I have a full time job (which includes the occasional overtime and Saturday shift), I feel like I barely get to see Jeff. I'm so exhausted when I get home that we've barely eaten dinner when I'm already falling asleep. On the other hand, I'm really enjoying my job right now, I'm learning new things every day, and getting to know the people I work with.

5) Working for other people. Another concept I've adopted from Expat Mom. I would love to work for myself because I could make my own hours and do my own thing, but I'm honestly not ready for that kind of responsibility. I like that I just have to do what I'm told right now.

I'll add more later if I think of them. Leave any "dislike/love" of your own in the comment section :)

1 comment:

  1. I agree with . . . all of the above! I hadn't even thought of it, but I really, really hate dressing to go out, too, but always have fun once we're out. :D With two squirmy kids, it's extra annoying to get ready to leave the house, but we have such a blast when we get to the park or a friend's house.

    ReplyDelete